Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon D60

Din

Hi all

I've yet to buy a scope but would like to know if my Canon D60 would be suitable for imaging. I've decided on a HEQ5 mount and possibly a 150 mm Skywatcher refractor.

Are there any issues I should be aware of with my camera? Do I need something that will remotely operate the shutter to avoid causing vibrations in the scope? How is the camera attached?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ed

Hi, yes the D60 can be used as its a canon eons camera. I take it you meant d60 and not 60d. Sounds like a stupid question but they are worlds apart. You might struggle on the d60 in terms of noise and the fact it only goes up to an ISO 1000. Not the end of the world though. I've just bought the same mount and have attached my canon straight to the mount using a dovetail bar from the modern astronomy website. To attach it to the scope you're going to need a T-ring for the camera and a 2" adaptor or an adaptor for the 1.25" fitting. I'm not sure about this as yet as i don't have that scope, so someone else will advise better on that.

I prefer to use only my dslr on my mount with a old Pentax m42 threaded lens :) but I'm not sure about the d60 that was a rebadged kodac I think? The first real dslr was the 300d n 10d which are used. But I'm sure you can get some nice photos.

A electric (or manual) timer for it will be very useful. Unguided you should get at least 30s to 1min (and have same or double time for camera to cool between shots) look forward to hearing results'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore any spelling typo thingys

Hi

Yes you can use it, what scope are you looking at? I use a Skywatcher 150P on the HEQ5 and a Canon 30D. You will need a T ring to attach to the scope. (Makes the scope become the lens of the camera) so remove the Canon lens and fit to scope. A remote shutter release is essential. Can be got from certain 'auction sites' for around £15. The remote with timer function is great like here

Set ISO to around 800 and use B (Bulb setting) on camera and set exposure time on the remote.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Jamie

Archived