astronomy clubs

Im very frustrated not being able to join a club to learn more about astronomy,my nearest on is 15 miles

away no transport,there is not one in our town and i don't no anyone else to start one and being a bit

shy with other people its seems a no go,looks like i will have to grim and bear it,

Hi Peaceonyou,

As Paul just said, their really is no better group to join than this one !

you'll make loads of freinds (virtual or otherwise) and probably learn loads too !

Keep posting, looking forward to your next posts

----EDIT----

why not have a look here http://stargazerslounge.com/forum/120-herts-beds-bucks-group/

might meet someone near you

SGL and other online forums provide a really good resource. Different from going to a club, where you tend to get talks on different topics. Some of these can be really excellent. I don't have a car and personally have found that other amateurs tend to treat me as if I have some kind of "personal problem". No car==loony?!

Oh well, join some fora, read magazines and get out observing... Hopefully you'll find some other kindred spirits close by and can go observing with them.

Cheers

Peterw

• 1 month later...

Hello! I found this website when looking for a local astronomy club. I too live in Hemel Hempstead and am looking for people who want to star gaze with me. Give me a message back if your interested in meeting up anytime. I am pretty new to astronomy (well, using a telescope anyway) so it would be nice to meet others. :)

Don't give up - get posting on here and see if you can find anyone else who might live close. They might be able to give you lift to the 'local' club or you might be able to start one of your own.

Archived