Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help Required Using Nexstar 6se software

Hiya,

I am unable to get me nexstar to work with my pc.

I am running XP have all the coorect leads ( using usb adapter with pc9)

NexRemote sotware loads ok

I go through the same process as I would if I was using my manual handset to set the time date region etc... all works fine up to the point of alignment.

When i click on the directional arrows on the screen image of the handset the scope does not move thus i cant align it.

Any ideas ?

I don't have the same set up as you, and I don't have NexRemote, but I have controlled my scope using my laptop and similar leads. For some reason, when I connect this way, the slew speed drops right down... I can't hear it moving and it certainly doesn't look like its moving at all... I was moaning to my other half that it wasn't working, and he noticed that it was... Just very very slowly!

Check the slew speed once you've connected everything!

Apologies if you've already tried this!

Hi Pig,

I've used Nexremote to control my 4se from a notebook running windows 7 without any problems. Have you got the lead plugged into the socket at the bottom of the handset? It won't work if it's plugged directly into the mount which is a mistake I made when I first tried this.

Al

I don't have the same set up as you, and I don't have NexRemote, but I have controlled my scope using my laptop and similar leads. For some reason, when I connect this way, the slew speed drops right down... I can't hear it moving and it certainly doesn't look like its moving at all... I was moaning to my other half that it wasn't working, and he noticed that it was... Just very very slowly!

Check the slew speed once you've connected everything!

Apologies if you've already tried this!

Thank you I will Check this - also got the prompt " no signal"

• 3 weeks later...

It turns out it was a usb driver fault. SER2PL.SYS. Couldn't source it from anywhere tried many download tools but they all ended up wanting subscription fees when it finally came it.

I ended up buying a new laptop :(

Sent from my GT-P7510

It turns out it was a usb driver fault. SER2PL.SYS. Couldn't source it from anywhere tried many download tools but they all ended up wanting subscription fees when it finally came it.

USB serial ports can be a pain in the bum for a lot of people a lot of the time.

I ended up buying a new laptop :(

That was an expensive serial port!

Archived