Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone savy with EQ5 upgrade kits

Hello.

I am so desperate right now. I have tried everything possible but I'm just stumped.

For some reason my motors won't slew or move at all. Even when I use the centre arrow keys on the handset to test it to see if the motors work I get no movement at all. I have done all the llongitude and latitude, time and date setup. I am polar aligned roughly. Just don't know what to do now. You reckon my motors are faulty? I followed a guide on these forums to install the cogs and motors. I'm stumped.

The handset may have defaulted to the slowest slew rate. Press button 2 on the handset and then 9, this will set the slew rate to the highest speed. Does the mount move if you do a dummy star alignment ? Set the mount up indoors (no need to attach the telescope for this) and do a one star alignment, the mount should then slew in the direction of the star.

Archived