NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Scope balancing & mount 'home' position

So my Heq5 has arrived and I'm setting up indoors. I've been following the YouTube astronomy shed videos which are great.

However, When I get the scope completely balanced I'm unable to return the mount to the home position (weights down/scope up) because when I turn the mount in RA the weights hit the altitude bolt which is 'sticking' out. In this picture you can see there is little clearance for the weight bar when turning in RA.

Note in this pic I have removed the weights.

post-10381-135913194825_thumb.jpg

Am I doing something wrong?

The only other thing I can think of is if you've put the Latitude adjusting bolts in the wrong holes , the bolts are different lengths and the longest one goes in the South side.

Just checked my HEQ5Pro and the weights don't touch the bolt when right up to the mount.

The only other thing I can think of is if you've put the Latitude adjusting bolts in the wrong holes , the bolts are different lengths and the longest one goes in the South side.

Just checked my HEQ5Pro and the weights don't touch the bolt when right up to the mount.

That's it!

Working now - feel like such an idiot!

Archived