Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Original QHY5 running under Win7(64) -possible????

OK, I've checked through all the threads I can find...

I've downloaded the drivers for the QHY5 from every site I can find, downloaded the ASCOM drivers for the QHY5....and still I can't get the camera recognised when running under Win7(64)

(It runs 100% OK under WinXp)

What the devil am I doing wrong!!!

Help needed.

(EDIT)

Ok....

Maybe just needed some encouragement. It now works!

Using Win7(64), the original QHY5, PHD 1.13.6.....

Downloaded the QHY drivers (again!) from the QHYCCD site - QHY5drv64.zip and the upgrade QHY5Update.zip (hadn't seen this one before??!) and the Ascom driver QHY5ASCOM-V40.exe....

Installed the QHY5drv64.exe (says 2.1 drivers - 04/2010) which seemed to go OK....then the QHYUpdate.exe (says 3.1 drivers - 07/2011) then finally the ASCOM drivers....

Under the ASCOM (late) camera setting in PHD the drop down screen now shows V2.4.0.0 and the QHY5 can be selected. (There's no ASCOM V5 camera available in 1.13.6...)

Worked first time - majic!

Hope this helps others.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Once again you are star Merlin. I loaded my QHY5 on to Win 7 32 bit without a problem, but couldn't get Win 7 64 bit PHD to find it, although it worked fine in QGVideo.

I have just loaded the 64 bit drivers from QHYCCD site and the updates of the other files and now PHD has the QHY under ASCOM (Late) cameras. I will give it a try when I get home.

I also loaded a WDM driver and that appears in PHD, so don't know if this works or not.

Robin

Archived