Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Red night sky app for iPad?

Hi. I am new to this, straight out of the box! I have had Star Walk on my iPad 3 for a while, for my bino watching, but just bought a scope and I have seen the way that Stellarium has a red night vision option. Brilliant. I heard that you could get this as an app for the iPad, but it seems, only in the US at the mo. Does anyone know of an iPad app that has a red mode? Thanks... Tony

Hi Tony I am no expert on the iPad but use the iphone. I use Sky-safari pro version, I also have the smaller version of Sky safari and both have the night vision protection (red lit option) Stellarium is great on pc, not so good for iphone, again I am not sure if the ipad / iphone versions are the same.

I use Star Chart on my iPad 2. It has red night vision mode, and you can also use it as a "VR" device so you can just hold it up at the sky and see what's there. But I guess the other apps mentioned probably have that as well.

Hi. I am new to this, straight out of the box! I have had Star Walk on my iPad 3 for a while, for my bino watching, but just bought a scope and I have seen the way that Stellarium has a red night vision option. Brilliant. I heard that you could get this as an app for the iPad, but it seems, only in the US at the mo. Does anyone know of an iPad app that has a red mode? Thanks... Tony

Star Walk has night mode. It's in the settings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Star Walk actually has a red night vision mode in it.

I was using it until I got my Orion Starseek and switched to their app. (Also called Orion Starseek. It may be a bit pricey for an app but its actually really good. 3 different versions.)

Archived