NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Jupiter with a barlow

AstroAdam

Hi All,

This is my first go at Jupiter using a Barlow (2x). It's taken with my 200p f/6 Newt, with a Toucam 740k (flashed to an SPC900), and the 2x Skywatcher Barlow.

Taken on 16th January, but processed tonight. Decided to have a go with PIPP and Autostakkert for the first time (rather than Registax). Wavelets in Registax. Got Io and Callisto too. Was the best 800 of about 1200 frames at 15fps.

post-27164-0-43277300-1358890125_thumb.j

Unfortunately, no GRS at that particular time that night!

Just acquired a 3x Antares barlow, so am looking forward to giving that a go too :)

Actually sold my Toucam to get a QHY5v the other day, but have already bought another one to replace it, as I was lucky enough to get one cheap from somebody tonight who had it in the bottom of a drawer gathering dust!

I thought it was experience... Callisto I could understand because it is the lowest moon. But it was also in his original post. lol.

I must admit I missed it in the original post. I was more interested in the image :)

James

Archived