Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

W/C 21st January

swamp thing

I'm thinking an earlier start might be a good idea this evening too.

I thought the PST gave some good views today considering how low the Sun is. I started off with the 20mm that came with it but swapped that fairly quickly for an 8mm BST. That was pushing it a bit but it was okay. there were some nice looped proms and lots going on on the surface.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back now, put 40 miles on the car this evening driving in circles! I found at least 4 car parks, however the Ranmore Common one made no sense as it is surrounded by trees and you would need to walk through a load of woods?

The best one which was a no brainer was the denbies hills car park, it is right at the top of the hills and has breathtaking views, as well as a large sloping green common which is totally exposed to the sky. Even without equipment the views from up there with the naked eye was stunning, its on Ranmore Common Rd at the Dorking end.

No worries, I know where it is now for next time, its called denbies hill car park. Awesome viewing spot. I saw something to the right of the gate in the dark, were they feeding troughs? How many turned up?

Archived