NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi everyone, I've recently downloaded deep sky stacker for stacking my image data but I'm having a problem with it, when I open the program and go through the process of finding stars then stacking this all seems to work but when I go to the processing part with the curve alteration part and the RGB sliders I cannot see the whole page. I mean its like the screen is not large enough to view? I've tried minimizing and stretching screen out again, maximizing also and still can't get the whole page...? Anyone any idea as to what I'm doing wrong? Ps I tried uninstalling and re installing and still the same?

Thanks in advance. Stu ~

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing wrong - DSS is like that - it all depends on your monitor. There is not really any need to do any post-processing in DSS - just save your stacked image as a TIFF anf go straight to your post processing software. All the image information is in your TIFF it just needs stretching (levels and curves) to be able to see it.

You don't install it just unpack the downloaded file which will give you a folder and inside that will be the DSS exe file

This is all from memory I must add as I don't use DSS anymore but I'm sure I'm right or pretty close ;)

This is correct, it wont install, just run direct from the .exe file.

Archived