Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dust protecting DSLR on 200p

Hi Guys,

Anyother Imaging vow has just hit me!

Whilst imaigng with my 200p on HEQ5 mount using a canon 450D DSLR, I realised, there was no protective lens or glass between my DSLR and air.

Is that bad? I went on to do it for like an hour or two.

Please can someone recomment something? I am interested in nebula shots so will be buying a UHC filter but was wondering using the T-ring and T-adapter that came with the 200P telescope, where will the filter fit in?

Asking because I don't wanna waste so much money only to find out that I can't fit the filter in.

Hi, I had the same thoughts and had been doing it for quite a while without any problems, but after reading a few post on here I decided that eventually dust would probably get on the sensor so I bought a coma corrector which fits like a camera lens. Also with your telescope you need one to reduce coma when imaging. The only down side is they are about £110.

A coma corrector is a good idea and almost always needed for a newt. I wouldn't worry too much about dust and like with most things good care and regular checking and maintenance of your sensor will help.

I was worried about dust when starting out in photography but regular lens changing isn't all that bad. I would suggest a rocket blower as well. Flats are also good for correcting for dust bunnies.

Archived