Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best Digital SLR

Hi Guys,

I'm very much a Canon man when it comes to photography as I used to work for a leading model airplane magazine as principal photographer.

I have a lot of interest in nature photography, particularly abstract landscapes and want to photograph wide panorama shots of the milky way with landscapes.

I now live in Cyprus and the skies here are so clear at night.

What would be a good all round DSLR to combine my passion of Astronomy as well as general photography?

I want to use it on my scope too for the odd experimental shot but nothing serious.

Any ideas?

My old camera was a Canon EOS40D but I had to sell that for financial reasons.

Cheers,

Jon

My personal view is that if you're on a limited budget then you'd be better off getting an entry level DSLR and spending what you have left on another lens or two. To my knowledge, pretty much all SLR cameras will have good sensors and the functions you need (bulb mode for example) as long as you stick to the big brands.

What is your budget like?

Budget is around £500 ish so want as much in the way of camera and lenses as possible. Looked at the Canon EOS 600D and also looking at the Nikon D5100 as they seem to have come on in leaps and bounds since I last had a Nikon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi have only just joined the group so only just seen this thread, so too late for my suggestions.

Although you have purchased a very good Nikon for general use I would of gone for the D7000.

I have tested lots of camera's & the D7000 bawls at you professionalism.

The D7000's weather sealing & built-in auto focus motor means you can use lenses going back to the 70's, . But the D5100 is a winner especially for the price.

Hope you have lots of fun with it

Archived