Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
Milamber

First for ages

Well, those that know will know that I stopped imaging about 18 months ago and went over to visual *big* time. Thing is that those piccies call to you from the dark places and will do anything to wriggle back into your psyche.

Anyway, I decided to get back into it and here's the first real results of that decision - hastily pulled in before the Rugby (don't). Just picked up the Sphinx at Kielder last week and it is a wonderful bit of kit bit a big nono for the visual observer. It will put most targets in the FOV of a 17mm EP but you can't see it 'cos the StarBook blinds your night vision :smiley:

Whatever... M27 is 25 x 20 secs and the other one is 20 x 20 secs. Don't ask!

ART-424C, VC200L, Sphinx dropped in the garden any old place, 65% aligned in Regisatx, then finally screwed in PIXL. Only had the UV/IR cut filter so the Moon played a descant to the main show. I think there was a Rini 0.5 reducer involved somewhere as well but I didn't use the Vixen 0.67 one... couldn't find it :shock:

Arthur

post-13959-133877332584_thumb.jpg

post-13959-133877332591_thumb.jpg

welcome back to the expensive slippery slope that is astro-imaging :smiley:

Looks like you aint lost your touch then......

Nice one...

Welcome back to the imaging side then Arthur. If these are a result of rushing things, it's a technique I must learn myself. :smiley:

But seriously, the layoff doesn't seem to have been a drawback. If you are rusty, it does not show.

A nice pair of populars there.

Ron. :evil:

Nice set of imager Arthur good work

Mick.

Good to see you've torn yourself away from the dob and got back to peering at a lap top and tripping over wires :smiley: Good results as well