Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A frustrating day - Solar Ha 13-1-13

DrRobin

An absolute corker of a sun rise, clear blue sky, but banks of fog coming off the river below me. I waited until 11am to make a start, even so the sun was behind high cloud, but got some great views in the eyepiece as I aligned my Lunt 60. I then swapped to a camera and fine tuned the alignment and the focus, all still looking good, some high cloud but still good detail.

Then after pressing the capture button a large bank of cloud came across the sun and I only get fleeting glimpses through gaps in the cloud until nearly 2pm when there was a good gap in the medium level cloud but still a thin layer of high cloud. Hoping to salvage something I shot 3 videos with about 1500, 2000 and 300 frames, but only the first was any good.

Processing it didn't yield much contrast and the fine detail is missing, but here it is the best of a bad job. Ironically enough if I had gone out 15 minutes earlier I would have got a much better capture, but I thought the weather was clearing not coming in.

post-10602-0-06374200-1358096877_thumb.j post-10602-0-47136900-1358096892_thumb.j

Archived