NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First lights

Rmmbags

Hi everyone,

Mrs M and I put together the new 150p eq3-2 this afternoon and moved it out to cool down when the clouds started to break at 10 to 6.

set the polar axis at 6.15 and turned to Jupiter , x30 mag, 25mmEP.

Just as I got her and her 4 moons in focus a shooting star passed by . I have been an avid meteorite follower for years so feel that this could be an omen.

Later added the x2 Bailey and a 10mm EP and got nice views of jupiters bands as well.

A haze came across within 40 minutes of starting so gave up somewhat reluctantly but before frostbite set into the fingers.

Fabulous start, soooooo pleased

can't wait for more

Rxx

And last night in another brief window at about 9.30 pm, albeit a bit hazy, managed views of Sirius , very bright as expected, and the many stars of Plaiedes.

Now v. cold and threatneing snow, so I guess thats it for the next few days.

More than happy with the 150p.....

Rxx

A similar event happened to me the other night, I would imagine the cances are pretty small.

Wait until an aeroplane goes by whilst looking, it makes you jump out of your skin especially if it heading your way :smiley: I still havent recovered from it. :eek:

Archived