Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Say hello to my lil' friend.... (GM1000HPS)

Tim

Hey great thanks for getting back to me with a detailed report..

I currently use a espirt 100ed pro quadtriplelt and use guiding, I've right a qsi with filter built in and oag.

I am guessing the 1000hps would comfortably support the weight of this?

Huge price difference In the 1000 vs 2000

Part from the weight capticity is there anything else different?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I second the clutch issue. It is th eonly drawback I know of on the GM1000HPS. The GM2000 and up (3000/4000) have a different clutch design that is unbeatable. I get good results with a 190MN with a QSI683WSG8 on the GM1000 - pinpoint stars and very few lost subs. I do not guide. In fact, I have never guided a 10Micron mount so I do not know how well they guide.

As for differences between the GM1000 and the larger brothers, there are tons of differences, many of them can be seen in my unboxing images http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/177893-gm1000hps-unboxing/

/per

I do not guide. In fact, I have never guided a 10Micron mount so I do not know how well they guide.

/per

Like a dream Per, like a dream :)

I haven't lost a single sub to a mount error since getting this, and when you do 30 min+ subs that makes a difference.

Archived