Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

"Making Every Photon Count" Steve Richards

ubertank

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's certainly my "go to" book.

Well all I can say is that Steve was most ungentlemanly in not writing the book about two years earlier so as to steer me through the time and money-wasting first stumbling steps in astrophotography!!! :grin:

Those of you with the good fortune to begin after the publication of Making Every Photon Count are in a much better position, I can promise you. The only really difficult thing about astrophotography is the need to master a large number of things simultaneously because many parts of the process are inter-dependent. That is why reading the whole book first, before doing anything else, is so powerful.

The retired English teacher in me also rejoices to see a book, a real paper book, so often recommended on here. Video tutorials are all very well and are ocassionally the best medium for explaining things but a book is the best for the purpose addressed by Steve on this occasion. Bravo.

Olly

wouldn't worry about it too much Olly, You seem to have muddled your way through quite nicely ;).

I don't know if it's just me but things seem to sink in more easily when I read a book rather than a screen.

Archived