Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Barlow for 1100d question

Williams

Hey folks,

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a Barlow that will attach to my Canon 1100d T-ring for use with a SW200p? I've looked into the Baader hyperion zoom eyepiece but don't fancy spending £200+ right now.. Just a basic 1-2x Barlow would be great.. Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

Regards, Ant.

due to the space, a 2x barlow, will actually give you something like 2.5 to 3x increase in image scale. I use an EF mount 2x teleconverter (a photography barlow) from Kenko (picked it up for £30) and that works a treat... and, as it's designed for use with canon camera and lenses, the focal point is identical with or without. It fits between the T ring and the camera body.

Ah thanks guys, yeah I did get a 2x sw barlow, I tryed attaching it to the 1.25 ep holder the other evening, but couldn't seem to get it to fit the tube correctly.. It does screw together with the 1.25 ep holder and fits the T-ring on my 1100d but doesn't sit in the tube correctly. I'll have another fiddle with it in daytime hours, perhaps I missed something :) thank you.

Hey thanks again, I had a fiddle with it last evening and found that I needed to use all of the 1.25 ep holder, not just the bit that unscrews. I was hoping to get out this morning and checkout Saturn and Venus, but i've left it too late. Might have a couple of hours of patchy weather this evening fingers crossed :)

Archived