Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is this what i need ???

Hi guys

Hoping someone can help, i'm looking into buying a x2 barlow and ive seen this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skys-the-Limit-2-2X-ED-Barlow-Lens-with-1-25-adapter-/380521245445?refid=store from alan at skys the limit on ebay, i'll be using it with my SW150P-DS & Eq5 goto, i've already brought a bst 8mm from alan a few weeks ago and his service was superb, my question? is this the barlow i need to use my bst 8mm via the 1.25" collar then i can remove the 1.25" collar and attatch my 600d with the 2" t-adapter straight onto the 2" barlow.

Thanks Andy & Abigail

Yep, if I've understood correctly then that Barlow will work fine for what you need.

It's a superb Barlow for the price too :)

The Barlow element can also be removed so you can also just use it as a 2" extender (I use it like this)

Hi There,

A few questions rolled into one...

1. Your BST explorer should fit into your focuser tube. The 150Ds comes with both 2" & 1.25" adapter.

2. If the 1.25" insert is missing then you can use the one from the barlow.

3. If you do use the barlow then you will get the uplift of 2x magnification.

4. You can use the camera so long as you have a nose piece fixed to your t-ring. do not expect Hubble quality images :-).

5. I would not attache camera to barlow, some do but take out the lens elements to use as an extender. Perhaps someone from the 'dark side' could fully guide you here.

Alan has always given me excellent service.

Cheers

To tell you the truth, I bought the SW ED Barlow some time ago for use with my 2" and 1.25" eps, but found that since I use 2" ep's for widefield studies, there is no reason to Barlow them, so I have ended up not using it, and use my 1.25" Barlow instead as it's easier than messing about with the 2" Barlow. Ask yourself 'what do you want a 2" Barlow for'? If it's for AP then that is a different story, for which I have no experience.

Archived