NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

twist lock /centring adapters ?

i have a 1.25" twist lock adapter that i think is a great bit of kit. so if i use 2" eyepieces on a regular basis is there any way of getting a 2" twist lock or is it back to thumb screws ?

ta, and sorry if its a daft question.

My only concern with these things is how much extension they add to the end of the drawtube. Some of my scopes don't have much inwards focuser travel left with certain 2" eyepieces at focus. I fear that using one would mean not being able to get the eyepiece to focus at all !

I use both 1.25 and 2" twist lock adapters, they are fantastic and can focus with all mine still (250pds and Meade uwa/ 12mm nagler). Wish I found them sooner :) they can be in short supply at times, got mine from telescope house. My setup includes using the 2" adaptor as standard fixture and slot the 1.25" adaptor into the 2" adaptor when using smaller thread eps. Saves switching out whole assembly via standard adapters

right im going to pull the trigger on either the orion 2" twistlock or the altair 2" twistlock.

the altair is £20 while the orion £47 . anyone had experience with the altair ? is it of alot less quality compared ?

http://www.altairastro.com/product.php?productid=16412&cat=261&page=1 altair.

http://www.scsastro.co.uk/catalogue/orion-2-inch-precision-centering-extension-adapter.htm orion.

( i hate these cloudy skies, it makes me want to buy stuff :grin: )

Archived