Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

(more) processing help needed

Right then, here is where I am at.

I have managed to get the FIT's files stacked in DSS. I then save as a FIT file and import in to Maxim. This is where it all falls down :D

Once Maxim opens the image it shows M33 up quite nicely :lol: and I can apply some filters etc. The problem is my old fav...stretching! If I save the image all I get is a black screen. If I try and stretch it by going process --- stretch then it all goes black as well :lol: I am thinking this may be due to the values I am entering, but how do I know what values to enter?

Here is what the image looks like before I go in to the stretch screen:

1872_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Here is what happens when I open the stretch screen:

1873_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

What am I supposed to do?

OK i figured that one out, do a linear stretch :D Dunno what that means exactly but hey ho! I read a tutorial yesterday that said to use a gamma stretch and set it to 0.8

So thats that bit fixed....

Next then, If I want to edit my image in Photoshop what do I save it as? I have tried saving as FIt and have downloaded and installed Fits Liberator but it only seems to show the image as black and white :lol:

Anyway I am off to bed now, here is the best I can do, not exactly happy with it but for a start I am not too disheartened with how it turned out. I think I need more and longer subs. Trouble is I dont think my EQ5 canreally go much longer than 15-25 second subs.

1874_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived