Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

600D camera settings

Ive taken a few stills with my camera through the scope, just fast shutter speed ones.

I want to take an AVI now Ive managed to get the scope tracking the sky OK. The only one I had a chance to try last night before the clouds came in was over exposed.

What general camera settings and movie lengths should I try on my 600D.

Oh and are there any good ways to get images from stills, or is it all just about stacking images from movie files?

Thanks

dan

I doubt it if you're connecting to a scope.

There are three types of dSLR photography:

1. Afocal where you hold your camera up to the eyepiece.

2. Prime where you connect your camera body directly to the scope.

3. Eyepiece Projection where you connect your camera body to an eyepiece projection tube that contains an eyepiece with the other end attached to your scope.

Your exposure settings are going to depend on your target but, the moon for instance, would be good at about f/9 and ISO 100 in movie mode.

Forgive me if i'm going over things you already know. are you talking about planets or dso's? if your talking planets then yes, you need avi's however if you're talking dso's then multiple subs (stills) need to be stacked in a program such as deepskystacker. if you're taking avi's then there are various programs that are better than video mode on the canon such as the one kev has mentioned or there is another called eos camera movie recorder.

once again, sorry if i'm stating the obvious

Scott

Archived