NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rob's 1000D Filter removal. (Hopefully)

K3ny0n

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple of pictures I found of the sensor. I must say when I took this out I treat ot like a new born baby!

A picture of the kitchen worktop/workbench pretty neat when working with fiddly things under cupboard LED are a great help. Also didn't have a screw sheet so used little rip off bits of paper labelled up with location lol.

Rob.

post-18724-135748195047_thumb.jpg

post-18724-13574819614_thumb.jpg

post-18724-135748197434_thumb.jpg

Yes, I thought I done the hard part getting to the assembly but I was wrong.

Rob.

What you need to do now is get hold of an angle grinder and remove the bayer matrix so you can transform your sensor into a mono CMOS for higher sensitivity narrow band imaging then look at another £600 for EOS clip NB filters - Gina is well placed to advise on the best tools (ball peen hammer and chisel I think) :grin:

Only kidding don't even go there or consider this as viable option, only Gina is crazy enough to contemplate such a hyper-mod

What you need to do now is get hold of an angle grinder and remove the bayer matrix so you can transform your sensor into a mono CMOS for higher sensitivity narrow band imaging then look at another £600 for EOS clip NB filters - Gina is well placed to advise on the best tools (ball peen hammer and chisel I think) :grin:

Only kidding don't even go there or consider this as viable option, only Gina is crazy enough to contemplate such a hyper-mod

That's quite right :D

Archived