Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Finally managed to get my NEW telescope out (First telescope)

post-27082-0-74475800-1356909215_thumb.jpost-27082-0-78250900-1356909233_thumb.jpost-27082-0-39295000-1356909253_thumb.j

I felt this wasn't really worthy of putting in the imaging topic but wasn't sure where else to put it, so here it is :grin:.

I've been waiting and waiting for some clear skies and they finally came last night at 12:15.....I was admiring the views and thought I'd try taking a photo with my phone at the lens (why not?) and was very surprised with how it turned out! Pretty good for a phone i thought!

I tried searching for DSO's (not to image) but was struggling to find my way through the skies as its a reflector and i'm still getting use to the slow motion controls (and finding my way around the sky in general).

But hey, for my first trip out, i REALLY love my new scope compared to my last (astral 100).

Cleat skies to all. And a Happy New Year!

Chris :grin:

Thanks guys, i didn't think using a phone at an eyepiece would be any good at all! its amazing what you can capture.

I have my modded Xbox cam to try out next time, using wxastrocapture and Registax 6. Wish me luck! (i'm just going to tweak things and give it a go!)

Chris

[

Still a bit of cloud over the moon, but can see this issue with the secondary. Think I may need to collimate?

I think this is one of the drawbacks to using a camera at the lens of the scope....have you tried a star test?

when you go out of focus your secondary should be 'perfectly' symmetrical? if its not then it may need collimating (i think...im still pretty new to this reflector business :tongue:).

Hopefully someone can confirm this is right lol.

Good luck anyway and clear skies!

Chris :grin:

Congratulations on your new scope & your first pics, be wary of getting bitten by the imaging bug though!! All it takes are those first couple ofinnocent shots & before you know it you NEED to go for the full setup :grin:

Steve.

I have already mentioned to my brother i may have to borrow his cannon in the near future :biggrin:. Stick with the Xbox cam for now though :tongue:.

Chris

I have already mentioned to my brother i may have to borrow his cannon in the near future biggrin.png. Stick with the Xbox cam for now though tongue.gif.

Chris

I'm saving for the mount first Chris, but at close to a grand it'll be well over 6months until I have even the basics for novice images, so for now i'm happy to stick with the X-Box cam, Saturn will be around at more freindlytime soon so thats my next target. :grin:

I'm saving for the mount first Chris, but at close to a grand it'll be well over 6months until I have even the basics for novice images, so for now i'm happy to stick with the X-Box cam, Saturn will be around at more freindlytime soon so thats my next target. :grin:

Yeah I look forward to having Saturn in my sights again, I like to think it'll be a clearer image in my new skyhawk but we shall see.

It sure is an expensive hobby to have....but very rewarding so is worth spending the cash!

good luck saving for the mount Steve!

Chris

Not tried it as a test as such no..but have got that sort of phenomena occuring when looking at things, I figured it was me doing something wrong or the telescope needed aligning! I know its possible to get good results afocally, just need to find the best combination for the kit I have I guess and slow my expectations down.

Look forward to seeing what shots you get of Saturn!

Archived