SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

LightBuckets

I had a further look on the internet and found the Bradford Robotic Telescope. I have decided to register and submited a request for M31 so I will see what happens and tell you smile.gif

I've used the Bradford robotic & to me it isnt very good, it may be due to my lack of experience but the only half decent image i got was of the moon, altho i'v had far better images of it through my modded X-Box cam, I'd be very interested to see how u get on with it. Btw i'v sometimes waited up to 3months to recieve an image back..

That is why I have found this free one as I don't want to pay yet but I'll find out soon. Also, I want to try and image this comet, http://www.heavens-above.com/comet.aspx?cid=C%2F2012%20K5&lat=0&lng=0&loc=Unspecified&alt=0&tz=UCT, but I need to RA and DEC coordinates. Do I just copy the ones in the geocentric data or do I need it for a specific time?

Lightbuckets was bought by my (almost) neighbour Marc Bretton whom I know quite well because he also runs an astronomy facility in this area. (I've been popping in to see progress on the 0.8 metre from time to time, as you would!) He's a good guy. I haven't used his rental site but I like Marc and his wife a great deal. They do a lot for outreach astronomy and for promoting our area as a dark sky reserve. His interest in astronomy is sincere.

Olly

I have also used the Bradford Robotic Telescope as it is free, but have not been that pleased with the results, it's OK on large objects like M31, but not very good on NGC's and open clusters such as the ET, and not good at planetary nebs like the Owl. I find the cameras never home in close enough to get a meaningful shot.

Archived