Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Jupiter with a 2x barlow

Josh Wilson

I was able to get my camera problem figured out so you can ignore the topic below about it. These images were taken with a Orion Solar System Color Imager and 2x Celestron Barlow.

post-25144-0-89065000-1356670002_thumb.p

post-25144-0-67472500-1356670004_thumb.p

Stacked with Registax 6, wavelets done in RS6, and RGB align done in RS6.

Glad you got your problem sorted Josh - just read your other post . Did the Orion folk sort it for you ?

Anyhow nice images , I assume you manually tracked Jupiter yourself with your Dob which is all the more impressive well done :smiley:

Did the Orion folk sort it for you ?

Anyhow nice images , I assume you manually tracked Jupiter yourself with your Dob which is all the more impressive well done :smiley:

They didn't even email me back yet actually. But I realized I had to get the exposure bar down to anywhere between 2 and 6. The maximum is 255. I can't imagine what that would be for, Uranus, maybe Neptune.

And yes I did do this with Dobby. I just let Jupiter drift through the FOV because when I track, the final stacked image comes out with ghosts all over the place. I thought of positioning the camera a a different angle to get more frames in the time it takes for Jupiter to drift through the FOV. I've got all the settings right, just need a bit of fine tuning on the processing maybe.

Thanks all for the comments and thanks for looking. :)

Josh

I was able to get my camera problem figured out so you can ignore the topic below about it. These images were taken with a Orion Solar System Color Imager and 2x Celestron Barlow.

post-25144-0-89065000-1356670002_thumb.p

post-25144-0-67472500-1356670004_thumb.p

Stacked with Registax 6, wavelets done in RS6, and RGB align done in RS6.

That's some nice shooting with a dob!

Archived