Newbee , help needed with telescope

Hi all.,

Im totally new to all this so was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of setting up this telescope correctly. think its a telementor 2 , it was given to me so im unsure if there are parts missing or not. ive posted pictures of what i have, but im usure of how the eyepeices connect ect. thank you if anyone can help me out. kind regards leeroy

post-27597-0-03857600-1356641563_thumb.j

post-27597-0-19790000-1356641758_thumb.jpost-27597-0-81834000-1356641869_thumb.j

Leeroy, I cannot help with specifics regarding the scope or the mount, looks a bit odd but not familiar ith the Telementor, I know a couple of people here have one so they may show up.

One factor, someone from SGL may live very close to you, so a location of England is close to no use.

Additionally no-one can say visit XYZ astro club as they can help, again no-one knows where you are.

A couple of people have posted here and been close to the club I wander off to, it is easy to say come up on the next night and I, or someone, will have a look. Done it a couple of times and it works.

You lucky, lucky person! The Telementor 2 is a63mm f/13.3 Carl Zeiss telescope; the objectives were usually excellent. The supplied eyepieces were OK (typically very good implementations of the design) but you can get better ones than the Huyghenian(marked "H") ones nowadays; if you have orthoscopics (marked "Or"), they were excellent. Your altazimuth set-up is one way of doing it, but you can also use the mount in equatorial mode.

The manual for your scope is here.

Look after it -- a good model of this telescope is worth having.

Hello Leeroy,

The Telementor scope is one produced by Zeiss in E.Germany and was used by most schools for educational purposes. I owned one for many years,and can say with confidence this is a VERY good scope. and with a full Solar filter over the front lens , is safe to view sun spots,it is also very good on double stars. Please download the hand book to set the scope up in equatorial mode to get the best out of it. Enjoy, John.

Archived