Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ5, can't install DEC motor drive

Cartman

I've been busy installing a dual motor drive on my EQ5 mount.

R.A. motor was installed in a matter of minutes and seems to work fine (but slow :smiley: )

The DEC motor is something different. I can install the motorblock itself, but the shaft gear can only be placed on the 'opposite' side than discribed in the manual. At the side where the motor gear is, the large black turn dial (to make manual fine adjustments) is in the way and cannot be removed.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Cartman

If I recall correctly, the manual is wrong and it does go on the side where the knob is. You have to be quite firm with the knob to remove this.

This was discovered whilst putting a synscan setup on a mates EQ5.

Wait for someone else to agree with me though before getting rough with it :lol:

I'll wait for a second opinion :smiley:

If I'd remove the knob, can I put it on the other side of the bar? I still need the turn dial for making larger fine adjustements...

I checked some YouTube videos, and it seems that the turn dial on my mount is simply installed at the wrong side.

Archived