NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first jupiter with 3x barlow

t_ilan_s

I think it's great for your first time on the new 3x and for < 200 frames.

Tweak your focus a little more next time and take more frames! I usually get about 1800 frames (10 frames per second for three minutes) then stack & use wavelets in Registax, keeping the best 80% of the frames.

Your exposure and color look spot-on. Nice job!

Wavelets in Registax pulled out more detail for me from what would have looked like a blurry image for me last week. Something else I learned since starting imaging Jupiter, still a long way to go but loving it!

Hi Ilan, this is not bad for a first go. what camera are you using? what type of Barlow?

I would suggest the following:

1. focus with a Bathinov mask

2. use an IR cutoff filter

3. take more frames you can shoot Jupiter without any special processing for ~3 minutes so go for it take more than 1500 frames

4. when stacking try to use at least 1000 frames

5. well this one is due to your location I am giving a lecture on webcam planetary imaging in the Giva'ataim Observatory next Thursday come! I'll be happy to meet assist further.

Dror

Archived