NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone Levelled HEQ5 Pro From Tripod Eyepiece holder?

lifeonmars

Hello Everyone ,anyone tried levelling the tripod on the above mount using under tripod Eyepiece holder/tripod tensioner so i can leave the head in place and just carry the whole lot out of the garage,and then put my level across the steel eyepiece tray which is part of the tripod is it good enough to allow three star alignment on the synscan control?

i use to do this on my old HEQ5 pro but the try is not true. my scope use to look like it was leaning to one side ( at this time i was a noob) but my goto was always fine people could never work out why it looked un level but the goto was fine untill Olly one day said in a post that it doesn't have to be perfectly level just very accurately PA, so now i dont worry to much about level just get it some were near aslong as your PA is good you will be ok. this isnt to say stick your tripod down with 2 legs at 12" and the other at 3" its just not critical as im aware from olly

oh right ok,I1`ve always but a small torpedoe level across the top of the base to to get it reasonably level,and I have noticed one or two tutorials which go on about levelling up,so it sounds like i needn`t of bothered .I presume the alignment process cancels this out?,anyone else chime in on this Cheers Freddie

Thanks for that olly should save me a bit of time not having to botherb levelling up.I`ve been setting my tripod up,then levelling it,then putting the head on!Looks like its going to be clear tonight(fingers Crossed) so I will just haul it out of the garage and use the extra time on polar alignment Thanks!!!!!

Archived