NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SkyWatcher 127 Mak-Cas

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a motorised focuser for my 127 Mak-Cas?

I have seen one on Ebay (sold) which consists of a rubberised ring which fits around the OTA (avoiding drilling etc) and attached to the ring is the motor and drive wheel. A drive belt goes around a second wheel which is put around the focus knob of the telescope.

Ideally I would like a complete assembly but would be happy to assemble it my self if I knew where to purchase the components.

fred

ps I am not an expert with electronics

• 2 weeks later...

Buzz

I lost out on this but tried again only to miss out in the last few seconds of the auction.

I the emailed the vendor and he agreed to sell me one on 'buy now basis'. I am now awaiting delivery.

Fred

Buzz

I lost out on this but tried again only to miss out in the last few seconds of the auction.

I the emailed the vendor and he agreed to sell me one on 'buy now basis'. I am now awaiting delivery.

Fred

Did the original winner pull out then ?

Edit: Sorry - forget this - the vendor has more than one of course !

Archived