Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 23 Nov 2012

DarkerSky

Jupiter sketch from my newest acquisition - an 8" SCT. Made through a dew-covered corrector, but still looking good as the seeing was excellent last night. The GRS is coming back to life in my eyes - at last! Definite structure seen in and around it.

23 Nov 12

23.40UT to 00.10UT

8" F10 SCT

x160 magnification

Jupiter-23Nov12.png

I saw the GRS on the 14th which was a first but I couldnt believe how pale it actually was, the Great Pale Spot seemed more appropriate!

That was a great night with Antoniadi I/II from a site well away from home and Plymouths skyglow which always has a terrible effect on the seeing.

Have you got any old sketches where the GRS is more prominent Seb?

I agree Seb, there was definitely a darker edge to it last night and paler centre. great drawing. wish I could draw. the seeing was superb here too. this image by Virgoman in this thread represents exactly what I was seeing at 267x with my 6" f11 dob.

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=77910

Archived