Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What is WRONG with Canon !? (no driver disk = nothing works!)

Aenima

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm one of 'they' lol...

I'd recommend saving up for an s/h 450D or possibly an 1100D - they both totally blow the 300D out of the water.

Andy

:)

Well well, soz no offence meant, it was just if I sent it to get fixed it may as well be sent to someone who'd do the more desirable work while having the camera open - seems like another plan. I also funnily enough been browsing ebay at dslr's used and even modded, just before you mentioned it. :)

Aenima

Oh yeh, sorry for the initial confusion - mostly my own - as to the leads, i was hoping to use the canons small usb to trigger but in every case i'd still need the jack plug input, regardless of what was on the pc end.

:)

Still canon could at least stick a complimentary driver on the web for its millions of customers who dont buy new......

Thank you to those above for the assistance,

Regards

Aenima

ps yes my jack plug's end is stuck in the camera, downer, so going to try infra-red before anything else.

Any ideas welcome.

hi Aenima

what operating system are you on is it xp or later if it is xp then you will get a usb driver if it is later ie vista or 7 or even windows 8 you will no get drivers as canon stopped making drivers for the 300D after windows xp.the driver for the 300D for wni xp is here http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0021202.asp?model= Canon WIA Driver (5.2.0) and here is link for all eos 300D software from canon full aplications and updates http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_digital_rebel#DriversAndSoftware

and then you can use your usb for 30 second shots.

hope this helps.

hi Aenima

what operating system are you on is it xp or later if it is xp then you will get a usb driver if it is later ie vista or 7 or even windows 8 you will no get drivers as canon stopped making drivers for the 300D after windows xp.the driver for the 300D for wni xp is here http://software.cano...02.asp?model=�� Canon WIA Driver (5.2.0) and here is link for all eos 300D software from canon full aplications and updates http://www.usa.canon...versAndSoftware

and then you can use your usb for 30 second shots.

hope this helps.

Much appreciated, thank u .

Vista 32bit

operating system.

My drivers kinda work now. ie images are moved from usb to usb but with that cable-end jamming my socket I cant attach the needed leads. :(

I have a infra red remote that is just about doing the job - just.

Not really sure how to get that bit out.

Thanks again,

Aenima

Much appreciated, thank u .

Vista 32bit

operating system.

My drivers kinda work now. ie images are moved from usb to usb but with that cable-end jamming my socket I cant attach the needed leads. :(

I have a infra red remote that is just about doing the job - just.

Not really sure how to get that bit out.

Thanks again,

Aenima

my only other suggestion is if you have an older pc with windows xp on it then you can use that for canon tools (photo capture) for 30 seconds or less with the usb no remote needed and you at least can set it up to do as many shots as you like with the usb but i'm afraid you wont be able to get it working with vista sorry.

i personally would not say going from vista to xp is a downgrade lol but if i had the choice i would have xp over vista any day but think about this before you go and down grade .if there is a cash genarater store near you have a look in there they always have computer systems for sale from £50 and that's monitor and tower with genuine windows xp and put it in your shed i did lol. but it wont be very portable.

It has started occurring to me that a reinstall could be a good move - apart from my drivers issue the harddrive is bursting with shtuff so this could help a great deal, an upgrade more than a downgrade maybe?

Thanks again, :)

Regards

Aenima

Archived