Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What is WRONG with Canon !? (no driver disk = nothing works!)

Aenima

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the socket has a little slot in the side and a pin pushed through there can be used to push out broken off tips, but unless you fancy doing it yourself, in the case of a 300D it's not worth the expense as you can get a 450D off ebay for as little as £200

Wah, this is looking like it might be stuck in there, i cant find another plug that size and havent opened anything. What would the procedure be for me if i do try and open it?

Seems getting the original driver is not the only thing needs doing to the camera.

Regards

Aenima

No - just the one on the left is a 2.5mm stereo jack for 300D, the rest are N3/ N3 clones for 20D, 30D, 40D etc

You can get IR remotes for 300D, but I've never used one so couldn't comment.

Taking a 300D apart to access the underside of the mobo is pretty tricky, see http://www.lifepixel.com/tutorials/infrared-diy-tutorials/canon-rebel-300d - by step 15 you have sufficient access to the 2.5mm socket.

Andy

No - just the one on the left is a 2.5mm stereo jack for 300D, the rest are N3/ N3 clones for 20D, 30D, 40D etc

You can get IR remotes for 300D, but I've never used one so couldn't comment.

Taking a 300D apart to access the underside of the mobo is pretty tricky, see http://www.lifepixel...anon-rebel-300d - by step 15 you have sufficient access to the 2.5mm socket.

Andy

That is a nightmare!

i would never get it right, best to hope for a different solution altogether. Also they charge loads for infrared modding so might as well do both considering they open it up anyway.

Skint at the mo, it'll have to be another option.

Many thanks for the advice,

Aenima

Archived