Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help me find finder rings/bracket please...

Here's the thing.

I have a lovely TAL 8x50 - possibly the best finder in the world (or one of them) and it has a tube diameter of 60mm.

I have a fairly good finder bracket on my Intes Micro M603, which uses two rings mounted on a block - and the inside diameter of the rings is about 58mm.

So... I need a finder mounting bracket that will accomodate the TAL finder, and slot into the foot on the scope.

Orr, rins of sufficient diameter that will attach easily to the mounting block that I already have (rings attach by one cross-head screw each.

It's the William Optics style mounting shoe, that accepts a long thin bar, ~13mm wide x 60mm long.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Ant

Do you have access to StellarVue in the "HighLands"? They make a nice series of finder mounts(and finders). Recently I bought a used "Baader MQRF IV Finder Bracket" and it is the best bracket I've seen. You would need to change the foot however, but the foot that came with mine looks fairly unversal.

Regards,

Pete

Ellarvue would be my choice but some of their stalks are are a bit high. I had one for my SV50 and it held the finder too high on a newt....it would have been ok on a frac.

Another option would be scopestuff, which is what I use now for the SV50. It might well hold the TAL finderr too.

One of the headaches with the TAL finder was I never found rings the right distance apart that fitted onto the TAL black rings to stop the whitework being mashed up.

Optically I found the TAL 8x50 the equal of anything, including the SV50, and like all TAL stuff its bombproof. On top of that its focusimg was a dream and it had a great eye lens at the back, big glass and easy to get a view in it. I sold mine because I found the cross hairs too fine and I wanted illumination and right angle viewing. If TAL had even illumination on it it would be a killer finder.

Good luck finding a solution

Archived