Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywather 130p GOTO missing part

Just picked up a cheap 130p scope from Skymax. The problem is that where the tube should mount, there appears to be no L mount or multi-function mount on the tripod? Should this be included as I can at present just mount the tube directly by just slotting it in and tightening it with the retaining nut but it doesn't look right?

Any help much appreciated

If its the same az-alt mount you get with the Sky watcher 130p statrak, then it is like that, doesn't feel all that secure at first but I must admit if the holding screw is tonight enough it doesn't shift at all. Though I would be very dubious about strapping a DSLR or heavy webcam onto the telescope with that mount.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yes. Thats very similar. The black arm that supports the tube has a slot with a nut inside. On some pictures I see a multi-function mount or l mount thst slots into these grooves thats why I'm concerned it should have been included. At present the tube just goes directly into the arm and is supported by one rotating screw underneath. It seems a bit flimsy.

Yes. Thats very similar. The black arm that supports the tube has a slot with a nut inside. On some pictures I see a multi-function mount or l mount thst slots into these grooves thats why I'm concerned it should have been included. At present the tube just goes directly into the arm and is supported by one rotating screw underneath. It seems a bit flimsy.

That is the correct way, I have a 130p AZ GOTO.

As long as the bolt is reasonably tight (hand only, don't use a tool) it should be fine.

It's a dovetail, so it doesn't fall off directly, it can only slide out.

Archived