NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DMK41AU02.AS USB Astronomy Camera on ebay cheap

ChrisRichmond

Hi all

DMK41AU02 ccd imager going cheap, only one bidder so far, as the seller has put it in the wrong section on ebay. Its only at £60 so far.

if i hadnt just spent all my money on a telescope I would have bid myself.

Link below

cheers chris

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271099529875?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It's a bit of a gamble, to be honest. There's no history known for it (and I think it's unlikely that they know one -- I suspect it just came up in a job lot of stuff the vendor picked up in some sort of sale), they've clearly not been able to test it properly, it's missing the nosepiece and there's no guarantee there's no damage to the sensor. I know they claim to have got the camera to respond, but when you've seen the stuff that Gina did to one of her camera sensors whilst it still claimed to function I'm not sure that's any kind of guarantee, particularly as they may not have understood what they had when they were dismantling it. I don't think it's a camera that many imagers are desperately keen to have because the frame rate isn't fast enough for good planetary imaging, but it is good for solar imaging with a suitable scope which is where my interest lies.

I've been watching to see if anyone would bid on it for four or five days since I came across it entirely by accident, but even having bid on it earlier today I'm a bit nervous that it could arrive and turn out to be a piece of junk.

James

I was gonna go for it but just spent 450 on an 8" celestron with nexstar goto which has cleaned me out.

I was going to get the wife to buy it me for crimbo but I figured it was a bit unfair seeing as im not getting her anything...lol

Probably just as well you said something in that case. I'd prefer not to get into a bidding war against another SGL member.

James

It's a bit of a gamble, to be honest. There's no history known for it (and I think it's unlikely that they know one -- I suspect it just came up in a job lot of stuff the vendor picked up in some sort of sale), they've clearly not been able to test it properly, it's missing the nosepiece and there's no guarantee there's no damage to the sensor. I know they claim to have got the camera to respond, but when you've seen the stuff that Gina did to one of her camera sensors whilst it still claimed to function I'm not sure that's any kind of guarantee, particularly as they may not have understood what they had when they were dismantling it. I don't think it's a camera that many imagers are desperately keen to have because the frame rate isn't fast enough for good planetary imaging, but it is good for solar imaging with a suitable scope which is where my interest lies.

I've been watching to see if anyone would bid on it for four or five days since I came across it entirely by accident, but even having bid on it earlier today I'm a bit nervous that it could arrive and turn out to be a piece of junk.

James

Fortunately for you they accept returns :).

Archived