NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Issue with my camera???

Mav359

Hi Guys

I managed to get 60 mins of data on M39 tonight before the inevitable happend and the cloud rolled in.

During prossessing i have noticed a line of pxels running left to right about half way down the shot that appear to be darker then the rest, they do seem to have recorded some data but i am praying they are not dying. This the first real chance ive had to play with the camera. I dont know if you can see it in this shot but do you guys think i have an issue here.

Cheers

post-9689-0-76711900-1352930687_thumb.jp

It was taken with a QHY8L, the line is deffo there but i couldnt attach a larger photo.

De-bayering you say, i was usuing nebuloisity to de-bayer the image and there was a step missing from the tutorial i watched, i'll run it again to see what happens and then look again

Cheers

I think you will find that this is a de-Bayering issue - have a look at 'offsets'. I can confirm that the only time I see a duff line of pixels is when I zoom to a particular zoom level and the matrix forms an interference pattern which is not a real artefact, just an interpolation error on the monitor/video card.

Can you attach a full size unprocessed FITS file?

I ran the files again using a different de-bayering method in nebulosity and this time the line disappeared so i think ts safe to say that is the issue. Cheers guys

I'm still not sure its the right de-bayering method for the camera, i'm new to it & CCD so there may still be some settings i'm missing in the apps, i wasn't using RAW images at first so who knows what else i've missed.

At least i know its not a fault with the hardware, just the owner :grin:

Archived