Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fireballs or Meteors?

Cool... Just rolled back the obsy roof to be presented with one of the best I've seen... At 19:24 a largish golden trail from the Pleiades into Cassiopia, broke into at least 2 largish balls. As soon as these faded another appeared running parallell in the oposite direction...

Anyone else see?

Yeah I was well pleased with that... still got a buzz today :grin:. Interesting how the second shorter lived one came from the opposite direction, running exactly parallel about a fingers width apart to the south of the trail of the first. Shame I hadn't been out half an hour earlier as I was just setting up for an imaging run.. mind you I probably would have been busy looking at the laptop screen & missed it!

Anyway, I sent a report to the SPA http://www.popastro.com/meteor/fireballs/makingobservations/index.php

Unfortunately my view to the East is blocked by the building next to me (plus it's super cloudy tonight) so I think my time might be slightly wasted out here on the balcony tonight :(

I wouldn't be so sure... All the ones I've seen over the past few days have been almost directly overhead.. Caught another last night, left a smoke trail right through Cassiopeia.

Archived