Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ3 pro power

Hi

I've just had my new explorer 150P With Eq3 pro synscan delivered which I plan to unpack and assemble this weekend.

I haven't bought a power tank or lead, can I run the mount using batteries? If so what size and how many batteries will I require?

never brought new but i imagine it comes with a battery pack, both my scopes did.

both scopes have the same pack that takes 8 AA batteries mate.

however i have just googled that mount and all the ads state it needs a 12volt power supply so im not sure if thats included or not.

apologies if thats not a clear enough reply :smiley:

Maplins do a 9 ah car jump starter that works well as a mobile power source for £30 which I find very good , but if you also wanted to run laptop and dew heaters and other bits then you would need a leisure battery as they have much better capacity ,it all depends on what you want to do , have a squint through the search on here and you will find many usefull threads on the subject :)

Archived