Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarium GRS position on Jupiter

bus_ter

Just updated stellarium.  85 gets the grs very close to the prediction at calsky.com.  I went to Stellarium, data, ssystem.  I opened it in wordpad and did a search for name=jupiter.  The next instance of rot_rotation_offset = is the one I changed.  I had trouble saving my changes until I right clicked on ssystems, clicked on securiy in the properites tab, selected user, and added modify to the permisions.

Just had a look on mine , I would have thought it would require changing the value under Jupiter, which on mine is line 2248.

Am I right ?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what line it was, everything is all run together.  i read somewhere that the place to make the change was after "name=jupiter" and that worked for me.  I noticed that the word "jupiter" appears at least 10 times in ssystem.  I couldn't tell which one to change until I searched for "name=jupiter".  You can always try changing it and then change it back to the original value if it doesn't work.

Since its cloudy tonight I checked the position of the grs on the screen with a ruler and 77 nailed it.  The transit time given by Stellarium agreed with that given at calsky.com to within about 1 minute.  It's not really necessary to have it exact since it will drift again anyway, just thought I'd mention it. 

Archived