Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Replacement eyepiece caps

jabberwocky

You can get 2" and 1.25" eye caps from the Scopes N Skies Astroboot. To get Tele Vue ones to match those that they use on the upper end of the Ethos you will need to approach a Tele Vue dealer like Telescope House or the Green Witch I reckon.

I bought a couple of the 2" TV ones a few years ago and it cost me £6 per cap !

I think that is a bit steep, I know 6 pounds is not a mass of money but for a plastic cap, I would love to know the percentage profit on that.

Alan

That's what I thought Alan. However could not find another source of them at that time so I went for them anyway :undecided:

I don't understand why dealers don't sell eyepiece caps. They are very useful and a lot of us want them.

The best source I found is Astroparts in Ebay US

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/astrocaps

If you keep the total cost (inc delivery) of your order under £15 then you won't have to pay import duty and VAT. (If you go over, the Post Office may hit you with a £10 processing fee in addition to tax)

• 5 years later...

Archived