NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Have there been any changes to Stellarium since I have been away?

Hey folks.

Been away for a while, but have recently gone on Stellarium and it seem alot more jerky when dragging with my computer mouse. It used to be very smooth when moving across the screen before. Add to that the fact that when I zoom into where Andromeda should be it isn't there anymore.

We have had problems with our pc for a while now and had the hard drive wiped and re loaded to see if that would cure our problem. Unfortunately it hasn't. So this morning I uninstalled Stellarium and then re-installed it to see if that worked but it hasn't. Any ideas what it could be, or maybe it is time for a new desktop?

Isn't there an option in stellarium to turn off the display of DSO images? Perhaps that's been selected somehow? If the stellarium config file has somehow become corrupted that might be the cause, and it might not be removed and reinstated if you uninstall/reinstall.

James

I think even if you turned off the DSOs in the viewing options, they are still there if you zoom in on the ight place. I think James may be right and its corrupted file, when you uninstall something, you have to be quite througha in removing all associated files, as in, something will still be there relating to it. I know you can get 'perfect uninstall' programes off the net to do this, its just finding one you trust.

Let us know how you get on with fixing it.

Archived