NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Explorer-150P EQ3 Pro SynScan Polar Alignment

amus

Hi i am new to this and i got a Skywatcher Explorer-150P EQ3 Pro SynScan. I was trying to do a Polar Alignment but the "picture" in the polar scope moved when i was trying to center it. And now i dont know were the polar ring shall be when the weight "pod" is straight down along the north "leg" of the stand ? Shall the polar ring be straight down to then or were is the ring ? Can someone check so i can reset it to its right position ?

Thanks

Mikael

Tjena Mikael

Polar alignment can be a bit tricky if you don't know the pinciples behind it.

The polar ring shall be straight down when you want to figure out when polaris transits. With this you can use the clocks on the axis of the mounts to do a polar alignment, since the Synscan handset will tell you when polaris transited.

This is a bit complicated to explain in 2 sentences but I used this video series in several parts to figure it out myself:

If you want me to explain further (or in swedish) just let me know. Hey, if you live close to Märsta I could show you in person ;)

Welcome to SGL!

Hälsningar

Thanks for your quick replays :-)

Carl : Själva bilden i polsökaren har lossnat och jag vet inte hur den sitter "fabriksinställd" pekar ringen där polstjärnan ska vara i neråt när man har motvikts "röret" neråt med eller hur är det inställt från början ? Läste detta :

The optical axis of the Polar scope is already aligned with the rotation axis of the mount and can not be adjusted. This is set permanently at the factory. The reticule in the Polar scope must be centred on the optical axis of the Polar scope. When this is done, the reticule in the Polar scope will be parallel to the rotation axis of the mount. If this is not the case, accurate polar alignment will not be possible.

Men fattar inte riktigt vad dom menar ? Om nån annan har likadant så skulle jag vilja veta var ringen är när motviktsröret pekar rakt ner längst norr benet på stativet.

Hur menar du att den har lossnat? Sitter hela polsökarteleskopet löst eller har bara själva grafiken när du tittar in i polsökaren lossnat? Då undrar jag om du inte ska se om du hittar en ny polsökare, nytt huvud till stativet eller kan ta det på garantin...

Själva grafiken måste sitta fast på exakt rätt plats inne i polsökaren (bara i mitten, vridning spelar ingen roll, den kan du kompensera för sen) så du baserat på klockslag kan avgöra på vilken sida om centrumlinjen polstjärnan ska vara.

Usch det känns som jag uttrycker mig oklart :p

Eller kanske du kan ersätta den med den här... för har du bara en frisk polsökare kan du ställa in den genom att rotera och justera själva polsökaren via justeringsbultarna. http://www.astroswed...r-eq3-2/20156-0 (jag tror den borde passa men inte 100% säker)

post-26290-0-68187600-1351693066_thumb.j

Själva krysset ska vara i mitten, och vara centrerat och bara rotera (inte flytta sig) när du vrider hela huvudet på sin axel. Har krysset trillat dän helt, eller sitter det bara lite snett? Sitter det snett är det nog bara en inställningsfråga.

Själva stora ringen och den lilla ringen på använder du sedan vid polinställning, men det kanske inte är det du menar?

Jag skulle justera in det så krysset hamna mitt i och lossade för mycket så "bilden" lossnade och roterade lite, låt säga att polaris "ringen" var rakt upp när jag lossade så snurrade den till inne i polsökaren och hamnade rakt ner istället ( nu vet jag dock inte hur mycket den snurrade till )

Nu vet jag inte var lilla ringen ska vara när motvikten pekar ner längst norrbenet.

Och tack för tipset men jag bor i Malmö området tyvärr

/ Mikael

Ah... lilla ringen spelar ingen roll i förhållande till resten av huvudet i min mening (jag kan ha fel). Det du ska bara se till att krysset sitter rätt.

Lilla ringen är ett verktyg för att du ska få huvudet axel rätt emot jordens axel. Sen när du har använt polsökaren och satt polaris rätt beroende på vad klockan är, så spelar polsökaren och ringens riktning ingen roll.

In english so that our friends on SGL can check if im right: Correct me if im wrong, the only thing that matters is that the polar finder X is dead center, where the small polaris ring is in comparison to the whole mount head shouldnt matter, because when youre polar aligning, youre setting the axis of the mount, the position of the head during the alignment doesnt matter as long as the polar scope is centered and the axis gets aligned?

In english so that our friends on SGL can check if im right: Correct me if im wrong, the only thing that matters is that the polar finder X is dead center, where the small polaris ring is in comparison to the whole mount head shouldnt matter, because when youre polar aligning, youre setting the axis of the mount, the position of the head during the alignment doesnt matter as long as the polar scope is centered and the axis gets aligned?

Yes!! it's the mount that is being aligned, you will see in a few of the discussions on SGL that it is suggested that you PA with the OTA off.

Good luck.

Thank you all for helping me out here :-)

I think i understand a little bit more now.

Hope i will get it right this time.

Just tested it a few days ago and took some pics of the moon, i got one with an airplain just passed :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post-26618-135170383432_thumb.jpg

One last question.

Can someone with same eq3 mount as me please just check in polar scope when the little "polar circle" is at 6 a clock were your wight "pole" are then ? Is it at 12 a clock or 3 a clock ?

I can take the polar scope apart again and turn the picture around inside and put it right.

Just want it to be in the "factory" position before i try it again :-)

I really dont want to go out and try again and not get it right again.

Thanks

/ Mikael

Mikael,

I have same mount as you.

If Polaris 'bubble' is at the bottom (6 o'clock position) then the weight bar is just past the 9 o'clock position (half way between 9 and 10 o'clock in fact).

The easier way to do it would be to put the weight bar straight down in line with the North tripod leg. Put the RA circle to zero ( with zero at the top in line with the pointer). Lock it here then rotate the polarscope in the tube until the polaris bubble is exactly in line with the number 19 and 5 on your RA circle. Polaris will then be at the 2 o'clock position when you look through the polar scope.

Mine has never been moved, so is a good benchmark for you.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived