Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nikon D60 Help

wizard7070

I have been given the chance to pick up a cheap Nikon D60 with a standard lens and sigma 55-200 lens for £150. I want a dlsr for both normal use and astronomy use.

I spent so much time researching Canon cameras not really thought about Nikon's. And can find little about the D60 used for astronomy.

At present I am using a moddified SP900 webcam for doing imaging, and really wanted to get into DSLR for widefield stuff as well. THe only questions I have is will the D60 be ok to use. From what I have read online, it seems to give good results, the only thing I am worried about is that it does not have a mirror lock up option, but as other people have managed to capture with this camera, does not seem to be that big of deal?

General thoughts wellcome please.

Nathan

Would advise you to head towards a Canon to be honest , the main reason being the software that comes free with the Canon will cost you about £200 to buy for the Nikon.

Software such as BackyardEOS or AstroPhotographyTool do not work with Nikons either ,

Nikons are very good cameras but in the astrophotography side they are eclipsed by the Canon EOS .

A 2nd hand 1000D or 1100D will be around the £200 mark , there are plenty out there .

Steve.

Archived