Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

vixen R200ss

Daniel-K

need some opinions on this scope have got the chance to get one at a stonking price, it will hopefully be the last scope i but for a few years as it will be number 14. its going to be my main imaging rig.

thanks guys

This was a scope that I considered whilst looking. The reason I chose not to get one was that it largely is an imaging scope, I wanted something that would also be good for visual.

I did read that some people have problems with square looking stars and that that may be down to the thick spider vanes? Although I think as it is such a fast scope at f4 the collimation is quite critical to that. I also think that once you have it nailed they hold it very well.

There were also mentions about the focuser not being too great and to be honest I can't remember if that was something to do with the threads being none standard, you may want to research this with regards to corrector etc.

The optics though are said to be first class and I have seen some fantastic images from them. Very nice compact piece of kit.

The Vixen-supplied coma corrector sits inside the standard focuser and attaches to a 60mm to T2 threaded flat ring. This means a T-ring and DSLR can then be mounted directly to that T2 thread.

Info on the various ways to attach photographic stuff is in the rather brief product guide:

http://www.vixenoptics.co.uk/PDFs/User%20Guides/R200SS%20User%20Guide.pdf

HTH

Cheers, Pete

Archived