Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Some more test results using the IDS e2v NIR sensor

budski

The weather/seeing in my location has been so dire of late that I've hardly any test results to show for the last couple of months.

These images are taken from a session on the 14th October when the seeing was just about reasonable- stacked in AS!2 and wavelets in R6.

If anyone fancies tinkering about with them I'll be only too pleased.

Regards

Bud.

Usual setup: C11, CGEM DX mount, 2x Barlow, Astronomik LRGB filters, IDS-3240-NIR camera

JupiterC11_f20_G_141012_052309_R6.tifJupiterC11_f20_L_141012_052611_R6.tifJupiterC11_f20_R_141012_052139_R6.tifJupiterC11_f20_B_141012_052427_R6.tif

Hi Bud Some good detail on those. I tried a straight rgb, though probably should have tried the lum too it may have improved the image.. It was hard to get a natural colour balance i found. levels of each channel were very different. Do you compare levels of the channels during capture ? If not it would be good to find a program where you can do that. it makes life easier later. Further experimenting might produce a better result. but heres two quick process tries.

post-2700-0-18304100-1351506502_thumb.pn

Hi Neil, thank you for the work you've done - you've obtained a very natural, pleasing look to the combined images. I think you have a natural gift for this stuff anyway. I'm also thinking that I've got to find a better way of calibrating the exposures for each filter as the e2v sensor seems to behave in a most peculiar way which I haven't quite fathomed out yet. As you say, further experimentation is required but trying to get two consecutive clear nights is frustratingly difficult at the moment.

Kindest regards

Bud

Archived