Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Start from Park Position

On the Synscan hand controller, during setup, the controler asks the above question..prompting for a yes or no answer. I've never really understood this and have answered both yes and no in the past with no noticable difference in the result.......Anyone know what it means and when you would answer "yes"

I guess it's beneficial when in an obsy. What I find is I always say no because the scope gets rotated about to balance and polar align each time so I can't guarantee it returning back to the 'home' position. In an obsy this largely doesn't happen.

At the end of a session you can set it to park and it will go to that position and remember it next time you switch on and start from there. But it's no use unless the scope is permanently set up or left ready for the next session. It saves having to do realignment every time cos it's ready to go. If you don't use it just say no :)

Archived