NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSLR on 150P but want to attatch filters......help

After a bit of help. Recently aquired a 450D which although is going to be a family camera (had to justify it to the wife somehow) it will also be used for AP. If I remove the 1.25" eyepiece holder from the focusing tube of my 150P I can screw my T ring onto the focussing tubes thread and attatch the camera directly. This works a treat and achieves focus without any issues but I can not attatch filters with this configuration. I have the stock 2x barlow which came with the scope and that doubles up as a T addapter when the lens is removed from it. In theory I could use the thread on the end of this tube to attatch 1.25" filters but with the addition of the 1.25" ep holder and the t addapter/barlow tube I can not achieve focus (not enough inward travel). I can screw the lens back into the barlow tube which allows me to reach focus but then I have no thread for the filters :mad:

I have started to look a low profile 2" T addapters such as this one http://www.modernastronomy.com/accessories.html as I have some 2" filters that id like to use but I will need to use the 2" ep holder that came with the scope and im concearned that the addition of this will still stop me from reaching focus. Does anyone have any experiance with this?

I could easily reach focus on a 40D with the FLO 2" adapter and the eos t-ring.

http://www.firstligh...ra-adapter.html

http://www.firstligh...rs/t-rings.html

The 2" adapter should be threaded for 2" filters, I use a UHC-S filter and it works a treat.

The t-ring I used was fairly thick, it's possible that a low profile one might not reach focus. But the two above certainly worked.

Anton

You can screw 1.25" filters into the t-adapter before inserting it into the scope. I bought both parts from FLO (t-ring and nose piece adapter) and the adapter allows filters to be screwed into place and then insert nose piece (t-adapter) into scope. I use a SWLPF on my nosepiece and its great because then when i attach my camera...........i have a LPF in place.

Mind you, this is with my setup of: Canon 450D,70mm refractor. No barlows needed as it achieves focus without.

Badgers are you using a 150P? Are you using the supplied with 2" ep holder to insert the t adapter into?

LukeSkywatcher if your using a frac it is probably all different anyway. Have a 1.25" adapter which will take the filters but it adds to much length to the light path so I don't have enough inwards focus travel

Here is my solution, if the tube has a 2" hole for EP's, first screw your 1.25" filter into one of theses......http://www.firstligh...-c-threads.html so it looks like this

DSC_9501.jpg

DSC_9503.jpg

Then place these 2 bits inside a 2" - 1.25" adapter, this adapter screws into the Canon T-Ring like this....

DSC_9505.jpg

The C-thread adapter with the Filter is then placed inside the 2" - 1.25" adapter and help in place by the 2 thumb screws like this....

DSC_9507.jpg

Bingo.... :).....srri the thumb screws are on the other side of the adapter....:(

I posted a response to a similar question here:

What you want to do is when you unscrew the 1.25" adapter from the 2" adapter, screw it back on but from the other side. You should then be able to take the barrel off an eyepiece, screw your filter onto that and then pop the barrel into the 1.25" adapter. You may need to buy some grub screws though to hold the barrel in place.

Badgers are you using a 150P? Are you using the supplied with 2" ep holder to insert the t adapter into?

On the 150P I was going direct into the focuser : Focuser 2" -> 2" T-thread adapter -> Eos T-Ring -> Camera.

Tinker's setup is very similar but he has got his ingenious way to get a 1.25" filter in there too.

Archived