Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lens Pens

long_arms

Hello,

I was looking at getting the celestron lens pen for a tenner, but a quick browse of ebay showed up many items that looks exactly the same (pretty much) for a quid!?

Anyone bought one of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Cleaning-Equipment-Kits-/162053/i.html?_sop=15&_nkw=lens+pen&_dmpt=UK_Camera_Cleaning_Equipment_Kits&Type=Lens%2520Pens&rt=nc

Dan

Not sure if i bought that exact one as there are alot of different Lens Pens but the one i have does a good job. Like GlassWalker says though, you may want to get a blower with it aswell because the brush doesnt do the best job.

If you look around on eBay, you can find genuine, branded Lens Pen Minis at a reasonable price.

I bought a couple of "clone" lens pens before and they were a disaster and went into the bin after some bad incidents. With the branded ones so cheap, it's not worth the risk of running with a clone.

Don't use the brush. It may be fine on camera lenses, but eyepiece dust is made of greasy skin flecks and the brush will merely smudge these and wipe them onto the next eyepiece you use it on. You can pick up an excellent bulb blower from Astroboot at a good price. It's an essential item, since you must always remove foreign particles before wiping a lens with any cleaning cloth or pen as you can risk scratching the lens surface otherwise.

You can pick up an excellent bulb blower from Astroboot at a good price. It's an essential item, since you must always remove foreign particles before wiping a lens with any cleaning cloth or pen as you can risk scratching the lens surface otherwise.

Exactly.

I personally would never use a lens pen because i don't like rubbing lenses with anything more than a cotton bud.

Archived